Tell City Council what’s important
Right now, Calgary City Council is making multi-million dollar decisions that will affect our day to day lives. Before they finalize the new City Budget at the end of November, we need to make sure our elected leaders hear from us so they know what’s important. If thousands of us sign on to support a Better Budget, we’ll create a groundswell of support that councillors can’t ignore.
A Better Budget means committing resources to these priorities:
- Make our city more affordable (housing, childcare, etc.)
- Create good, well-paying, and resilient jobs
- Take action for Truth and Reconciliation
- Introduce new sources of revenue
- Invest in climate action for a liveable future
- Strengthen the City’s community consultation process
- Expand and invest in public spaces
Last spring, thousands of Calgarians responded to our Better Budget Survey and engaged in community consultations to tell us what’s important. Our list of Better Budget recommendations is based on your input. Click the links to learn more about each recommendation.
By signing on to support a Better Budget, we can get our voices heard and influence Calgary City Council to invest in issues we care about. But we need as many people as possible to sign on before City Council finalizes the budget at the end of November. So don’t wait–sign on now to support a Better Budget!
READ THE FULL REPORT